Nepal Wireless was started from scratch with no funding at all from the grassroot letvel in 2002. Our goal in 2002 was to connect a few villages around Nangi village and bring Internet for communication. We did not have idea and plam that time to expand the network to wider areas and to provide other ICT services. Step by step it has grown big with the support of many individuals and donor organizations from around the world.
You can support Nepal Wireless the following ways.
1. You can provide financial support for the expansion of the network to more villages and for the establishment of community Internet center and hot spots in the viillages.
2. You can send used wireless equipment, networking gears, used laptops and tablets for the schools, used digital medical equiment for rural clinics.
3. You can come to Nepal and volunteer to provide computer training in rural schools, and community Internet centers. Please send email to Mahabir Pun at email@example.com if you would like to volunteer.
4. If you are software developers, you can help to develop applications that will be useful for the students and villagers. If you are network engineers, you can help to upgrade the wireless network in order to make it more efficient.
5. You can support for introducing new technologies for bringing broadband services in the rural areas. We are ready to partner with any universities, organizations or companies for implementing the new technologies as long as it benefits the people in rural areas and makes their lives easier.
Financial contribution can be made the following ways.
1. Please contact Mahabir Pun, Chairman of Nepal Wireless at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +977-9841592361 if you are interested to contribute. He will tell how you can send your contribution to Nepal.f
2. You can also send your check earmarked as "Wireless Networking Project" to - Himanchal Education Foundation, c/o Kearney Area Community Foundation, 412W 48th #12, Kearney, Nebraska 68845, USA, Email: to Mrs. Peg Nyfeler at email@example.com. Please note that you will get tax dedcution for your contribution in the US because Himanchal Education Foundation is registered as 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit-making corporation in Nebraska, USA. The foundation was started by friends and professors of Mahabir Pun in 2002, where he went to the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
If you would like to contribute online for the project using your credit card or Paypal account, please click on the donate button above that will take you to the page of a not for profit organization called Himanchal Educational Foundation. Click again on the "Donate" button on that page and read the instruction. Your online contribution comes to Nepal Wireless Networking Project through Himanchal Educational Foundation based in Nebraska USA via Kearney Area Community Foundation. Kearney Area Community Foundation is helping to manage online contribution for Himanchal Educational Foundation.
3. For the people living in Nepal, we would like to ask to donate Rs.100 a month through schools, colleges and local organizations. Please let us know about your interest through email or by mobile at 9841592361 or email at mahabir@nepalwireless,net
Please encourage your children to initiate the $ 1 campaign among their peers in schools so that the children can learn from their early age to be involved in projects like this for good cause.