Donate Used Items
As we continue to expand our network,
we are in great need of used computers and computer parts.
Especially useful are used laptops, for their portability. For
the extension of the project to other villages, we are looking for
support for the following items:
- 802.11b/g wireless accesspoints
- Switches, routers
- 75 - 120W solar panels and accessories
- 75 - 120 ah rated deep cycle batteries
- Network cards for desktops and laptops
- Uninterrupted power supply units
- Lightening arrestors and protector units
- DC to AC inverters
- Used laptops at least Pentium II model.
If you have equipment you would like to donate, please
Institutions in Nepal that are
providing technical support to the project
Research and Development (http://www.enrd.org)
E-Networking Research and Development
(ENRD) is a an NGO operating from Kathmandu. It is working closely
with Nepal Wireless Networking Project since 2005. ENRD is helping
the project to organize trainings for the villagers on basic
computer education and hardware training.
2. Gandaki College
of Engineering and Sciences
The Gandaki College of Engineering
and Science(GCES) is an established tertiary educational facility
located on Lamachaur, Pokhara, Nepal. It is affiliated with Pokhara
University and complies with the Pokhara University semester system
and examination procedures. The college is helping to develop
software needed for Nepal Wireless Networking Project since 2005.
The faculty and the students developed software for
local e-commerce, bulletin board, and library management system for
the Nepal Wireless Netwroking Project.
3. Prime College
Prime college is located
in Nayabazar, Kathmandu Nepal. It is helping to develop reference
materials and e-learning materials for the students of 10+2 level.
It has established a non-profit network called “Nepal Research and
Education Network (NREN)” to fulfill its objective.One of the main
objectives of of the college is to provide broad support for basic
collaboration technologies and implement more advanced technologies
in support of research that will contribute and benefit from
initiatives to develop national computational grid. Research support
includes – high speed network, advanced data storage and management
service, high performance computing and computation facilities for
for the Extension of the Network
Telecommunication Union (ITU) had provided support to buy equipemt and other networking gears for the
extension of the network to 10 more villages. The work for
connecting the villages is completed in January 2008.
The names of the
villages that were connected with the support of ITU are Bega,
Lekhgaun, Swanta, Gharamdi, Bandok, Chhomorong, Landruk,
Recent Financial Contributors:
1.Networktheworld.org provided $8,000 grant in 2007 for the expansion of the network in Makawanpur and Dolakha district.
2. Three associations of Nepalese
in Atlanta Georgia donated USD 1,673 to help build computer lab in Bhichuk village of Kaski district.
2. Nepal Library Foundation based in Canada provided 14 computers in May 2008 for the project to launch e-library program.
3. Non Residence Nepalese (NRN) - Russia provided 24 computers in May 2008 for our project. We distributed those computers in 8 schools in Myagdi, Makawanpur and Kaski dsitricts.
4. World Bank, through Nepal Telecommunication Authority, is also going to provide USD50,000 worth of equipment for connecting 19 more villages in the network.This is the fourth phase of the project and it will be completed by the end of 2008.